Ferguson Australia does not sell or rent mailing lists and will not pass on to any third party any personal information that you provide to us unless we have your express consent to do so. If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be promptly removed.
Visiting our website
Each time you visit this website, the following information will be automatically recorded about your visit:
- your top level domain name
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the duration of your visit to the site;
- the previous site you have visited; and
- the type of web browser you are using.
We use this information for statistical purposes and it helps us to ensure that our website meets the demands of our visitors.
Registration for Ferguson Australia services is optional. All information provided when registering for Ferguson Australia services including name, address, email address, and telephone numbers can be viewed, modified or deleted at any time by going to the ‘My Account’ area of the site or by emailing email@example.com.
Using personal information
Ferguson Australia does not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, unless such use or disclosure would be reasonably expected or you give us your consent.
We may also collect personal information about you when you make a purchase from us. This information would usually be collected for the purpose of giving effect to the transaction.
Your personal information may also be used to:
- market products, services and special offers to you;
- verify your identity
- assist you to subscribe to any newsletter or other promotions we offer or may in the future offer and to manage and administer those services;
- make changes to your profile;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- research and develop our services;
- maintain and develop our business systems;
- gain a better understanding of your information service requirements; and
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness or fraud.
Links to our website
Securing your personal information
All personal information held by Ferguson Australia is stored on secure servers that are protected in a controlled environment. You should be aware however that due to the open nature of the Internet, information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you provide or send us any personal information, it is sent at your own risk. Although we endeavour to keep your personal information secure, Ferguson Australia will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access and use of your personal information.
To help us keep your personal information secure, you should at all times keep your login details (username and password) that access Your Account on the Ferguson Australia site confidential. If you become aware of unauthorised usage of Your Account you should contact us immediately.
Please contact us to find out more about our procedures and policies in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and handling of personal information.
16 Circuit Drive, Hendon, South Australia 5014
Phone: +61 8 8414 8088
If you still require further information then you should contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner whose details follow:
Phone: Privacy Hotline on 1300-363-992
Post: The Federal Privacy Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042